[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]Cleaning & sealing Porcelain Tiles using Tile & Floor Care Products:
- Polished Porcelain tiles are very low in porosity and will only accept a small amount of sealer. Special care must be taken not to
over-apply the sealer.
- Sealing and maintaining the tiles will prolong the life span.
During grouting make sure all excess grout is removed from the surface with a damp clean cloth or sponge and fresh clean water. Washing grout off the surface with dirty water and / or dirty cloth or sponge does not clean the surface. Any grout residues will impair the finish after sealing and will result in a very expensive repair. Inspect the floor after grouting and cleaning.
Always test the sealer on a loose tile first to ensure that the pigment is color-fast before treating the floor.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”38140″ img_size=”full” onclick=”custom_link” img_link_target=”_blank” link=”http://www.tilecare.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Polished-Porcelain-Tiles-DIY.pdf”][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][ultimate_heading main_heading=”Directions” heading_tag=”h3″ alignment=”left”][/ultimate_heading][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]
- Take care to read all instructions and tips before the application so that you can plan the application correctly.
- Mask off any adjacent surfaces that need to be protected during the application.
- Ensure that the tile is clean and free from all residues, detergents, grout, cement, oil, wax and other stains. (prepare with the correct TFC products)
- Ensure that the tile is totally dry before applying the sealer .(if unsure wait +- 48 hours after cleaning)
- Using a suitable applicator, apply a thick, even coat of Invisible Sealer. BUFF ANY EXCESS SEALER FROM THE SURFACE AFTER 5MINUTES. Use a clean terry/mutton cloth or paper toweling.
- Wait for the sealer to dry for +- 2hours.
- After 2 hours test to determine if surface is totally sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed (tile darkens), apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat test.
- Apply coats as determined by the rule above if necessary.
- Allow to dry before trafficking. (+-2 hours). Cure time is 48 hours.
Clean applicator tools with turps/mineral spirits after each use.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][ultimate_heading main_heading=”Maintenance” heading_tag=”h3″ alignment=”left”][/ultimate_heading][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]
- For daily cleaning – clean with TFC Quick Clean.
- Heavy duty dirt & grime – use TFC Easy Clean diluted with water (see label for dilution rates.)
Always rinse with fresh clean water after cleaning with Easy Clean.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][/vc_column][/vc_row]